Construction Management Jobs in Asheville
The construction industry in Western North Carolina is booming, and that’s why there is high demand for qualified candidates to fill construction management jobs in Asheville. In fact, builder associations and the Bureau of Labor Statistics project construction management jobs to be among the fastest growing jobs over the next ten years compared to all other occupations.
There are many construction companies seeking to fill vacant construction management jobs in Asheville and Sineath is one of them. Sineath Construction is a great place to start or expand your career in construction management as a field manager.
Types of Construction Management Jobs in Asheville
While construction management jobs in Asheville are plentiful, jobs here at Sineath Construction are highly sought after because Sineath Construction is known throughout the area as a great place to work. We strive to provide a satisfying work environment where there are opportunities for our employees to grow.
Most of our construction management jobs are field manager positions who report to a project manager. We occasionally have carpentry jobs in Asheville and the surrounding areas open up that can lead to future construction management positions at the company.
As our business grows, we’re always looking for strong field manager candidates. Filling a vital role at the company, a field manager at Sineath Construction is a person who is assigned to manage one or more projects from start to completion representing the general contractor. Successful field managers at Sineath Construction:
- Always represent the company positively. Customer interaction is critical for success.
- Complete assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Manage and inspect every aspect of assigned projects, including, but not limited to, company personnel, subcontractors, vendors/suppliers, building inspections, community architectural review board representatives, and more, while always keeping clients informed about their projects.
- Use the code book to ensure all aspects of the project meet or exceed building codes. Company policies and practices must be strictly observed and always enforced.
- Have a working knowledge of the sequence of construction events as well as be able to read blueprints and interact with engineers and architects to answer questions and resolve issues.
Does a job at Sineath Construction sound good to you? Want to learn more about our culture, benefits packages, and job openings?
Qualifying for Construction Management Jobs in Asheville
To be successful in any of the construction management jobs in Asheville, you need to have knowledge of building science and construction practices. And you’ll need to have fairly sharp math skills.
The ability to organize your time and workload and exhibit leadership skills are also important qualities we look for at Sineath Construction. Since we’re a team-oriented environment, field managers have to work well with others and be excellent communicators. Budgets and timelines are a field manager’s responsibility, so business management skills are important to have as well.
When we’re hiring for field managers, we look for candidates who:
- Have either a 2-year or 4-year degree in a related field (preferred).
- Have a minimum of five years jobsite management in all phases of residential/commercial construction.
- Has knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Can read blueprints, use appropriate communication, demonstrate solid leadership, has competent computer skills including Excel, email, and phone skills, keep subcontractors and vendors updated relating to scheduling and performance, and demonstrate good character and moral decision making.
- Understand verbal and written instructions. Can clearly explain steps, provide clear direction, and answer questions about construction processes to other employees and subcontractors.
- Are adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process and facilitate harmonious working relationships during the project that permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
Sound like you and want to learn more?
Look No Further than Sineath Construction for Construction Management Jobs in Asheville
We say it all the time, and we mean it. Our team is our biggest asset, and we’ve intentionally built a team committed to integrity, quality, and service in every step of the building process. At the heart of who we are as individuals and as a team is an absolute commitment to quality construction and craftsmanship.
We have fun. We hone our craft. We enjoy each other’s company, and we help each other succeed.
Long-time field manager Joel Parsons says, “Sineath’s environment is crafted around the way people treat and respect one another. I don’t just feel like a number, but truly a valued member of an astounding team.”
Construction management jobs in Asheville, as well as carpentry jobs in Asheville, can be rewarding and fulfilling work. If Sineath Construction sounds like the right place to start or expand your construction management career, then apply today.
Join the team! Learn more about our culture, benefits packages, and job openings.